Tires for the current C70

In May 2008 my C70 D5 (185 hp) automatic was delivered. First I considered to change the Pirellis for Michelins before delivery. I didn't do it like I did with all my former Volvos and now I face the fact that the Pirellis have left 4 millimeters of tire pattern after roughly 12'000 km of use. In addition the tires follow every little unevenness of the road and are extremely noisy compared to the Michelin winter-tires I use in the cold season (215/55-16). Size of the Pirellis 235/40-18.

On my 225 hp 850 T5 I got 45'000 km out of my Michelins.

What would be the tire-recommendation in this NG? I'm particularly keen on recommendations of actual C70 drivers. Other considerations or comments are welcome as well, of course.

Joerg Lorenz

Reply to
Joerg Lorenz

I have Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS tires on both of my cars and have been very pleased with them. Excellent grip and they're much more quiet than my previous tires. Can't say how long they last yet though.

Reply to
James Sweet

I have a 2000 C70, Turbo, 17" wheels, which I am not a big fan of, less sidewalls.

It came with Yokohama tires, which were awful in every respect- noise, traction, handling, wear. I now have Michelin Pilots, the difference is night and day, I love them...

Joerg Lorenz wrote:

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

That's exactly what I'm considering, given my decade-long superior experience with Michelins. That were definetely my first and my last Pirellis. Which Michelin are using?

Reply to
Joerg Lorenz

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie