Towing question for a 2001 V70 XC

I have been researching the trailer hitch for my 2001 V70. I decieded to go with after market hitch (a Draw-Tite) which was significant cheaper the the dealer item (< $100). The question I have is about wiring. DO I go with a after market wiring kit or do I get the OEM. Does the after market kit require cutting and splicing wires. If I go with OEM does anyone know how much that will cost?

Also, I noticed that some 2003 XC come with a class II hitch (it looks like it has a 2" post not the 1 1/4). Does that mean that the OEM version is stronger? Or can the 2003 XC pull more?

Reply to
batman1990

I got a U-Haul trailer hitch for my 2001 V70 XC. That is what my dealer is recommending. I also got the U-Haul wiring package. It has a 5 wire (yellow left, yellow right, brake, tail, ground) to 4 wire converter (red left/brake, red right/brake, tail, ground) and just clips on to the tail light wires in the back. It doesn't upset the bad lamp indicator.

Reply to
Stephen M. Henning

Try this place. They are supposed to be good with Volvos. Several of the guys (and gals)there drive Volvos.

Bills Service Station

3800 Merrick Road Seaford NY, 11746

William McCarthy Phone number: 516-785-9188

Seaford is one town over from Massapequa, so hopefully this is still in time to be useful.

Good Luck

Reply to
Buckshot LeFunk