2001 v70 xc vibration

I'm hoping someone can shed light on this problem I'm having. I've developed a vibration in the drivetrain during acceleration . It's rather severe, not a knock but an occillation that transfers into the body. It seems to come from the front. As soon as I let off the gas it disappears completely. I have noticed that it gets worse during a right turn and almost completely disappears in a left turn. The frequency seems related to road speed rather than RPM. Dealer has replaced right front drive axle, tie rods and bushings to no avail. Car does not seem to vibrate at all when cold. Car has 103,000 miles on it. Any ideas would be appreciated as dealer seems to only be changing parts in a process of elimination.

Reply to
vb

Angle gear in the haldex box. Common and typical. Find a shop that has done a few.

Bob

Reply to
User

My '99 XC has the same problem. What is the typical cost on this repair? ANd, do you need to get it done (will it harm tha car not to)? Pete

Reply to
Peter (Remove one i and theRe

First, a 2001 V70XC doesn't have a Haldex coupling. It has a visco. Second, the angle gear is not part of the Haldex, although it is part of the AWD driveline.

The angle gear is an expensive part, I'm afraid. Dont know exactly what the cost is though.

Reply to
staffann

Hold on a second... I thought that Haldex only came after 2003 on the XC. Or have I gotten my boxes mixed up?

No, it has viscous coupling.

Reply to
Stephen Henning