turbo

I heard that the difference between the T5 and the 2.4T (of the C70 model) is mainly a different turbo. Please explain that to me.

Mat Bovy snipped-for-privacy@hccnet.nl

Reply to
Maril Bovy

No, not quite. Aside from the different capacity's- the 2.3litre T5 engine uses thicker liners to withstand higher combustion pressures, and indeed the turbo is 'larger'. The main difference is the T5 runs about 1bar of boost, whereas the LPT runs about 0.6bar and the former engine runs alot lower compression ratio because of this.

Other than that the ECU software is considerably different too.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..