V40 Tyres replacements

I need to replace one of my front tyres due to a tracking problem which has caused extra outside ware, the car has done 22,000 miles so I am OK with changing the front tyre's as a pair, but my question is should I replace the tyre's with the original make (Continental 195 x 55R - 85V) or change to another make, any suggestions will be helpful.

Reply to
Fred

Don't know about the Contis. On our V40, the stock tires are Goodyear NCT5 (205/50/16), and they're so so. When they wear out, I'll be replacing them with Dunlop SP9000 which have good dry/wet grip, yet are still reasonably comfy and quiet for a high perf. summer tire.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete