Which tyres for 307?

Time for new tyres on our 307 1.6 Rapier. Not overly impressed by how long the last set of Dunlops lasted. Any recommendations or experience? Looking more for comfort and low noise than sporty handling.

Thanks.

-- Androo (Remove your clothes to reply)

Reply to
androo

My 307 1.6 Rapier came with Goodyear Eagle NCT5 tyres. So did my wife's

406. Completely happy with them. I think that the NCT5 has now been superceded with a new design but cannot remember its name. The Goodyear UK website does not seem to be up to date on this new tyre.

They cost me about £55 each including fiting and balancing at my local Hi-Q tyre place.

Raymond

Reply to
Raymond Dalgleish

Unfortunately if you want comfort and low noise then the trade off is usually high wear due to a softer compound.

I agree with the previous poster that the Goodyear NCT5 or equivalent is a good compromise.

Cheers.

Reply to
Nick (UK)

My 307s estate came with Continental premium contact tyres and i have just fitted two new ones on the front - it has done 20,000 miles and they would of done maybe another thousand miles but i changed them before winter set in - the rears have still got about three to four thousand miles left on them - they cost me £ 97.00 for the pair and they were 195/65/15 H rated - and it goes round bends like it is on rails ! Mike D.

.>Time for new tyres on our 307 1.6 Rapier. Not overly impressed by how long

Reply to
Me

My 307 came with Bridgestone Turenza's.

I have found them to give an excellent ride and with low wear.

I've done 37000km on this set and they still look new!

Reply to
Matthew