V50, creaking driver's seat

anyone else had this?

2004 V50 2.0D SE, leather seats whenever I go round a corner there's a kind of creaking/clunking noise from underneath the driver's seat. It sounds a bit as though there's a coke can rolling around down there - but there isn't! Anyone else had this? did the dealer fix it? is there anything I can do - judicious application of something like WD40 sounds like it might be a plan.

thanks

James

Reply to
jnkellar

Do you have power seats? If so it might be a gear in one of the motors giving a bit. Nothing to be done if that is the case. Unless the dealer feels generous.... I had a creak in my driver's seat a while back and when I took a look at the mounting bolts on the floor I noticed one had backed out a bit! A turn of the torque wrench later and all was good. Scary though....

Jordan 1999 S70 Loaded!

snipped-for-privacy@bt> anyone else had this?

Reply to
Jabber

I don't have power seats :-( , but I hadn't thought of checking the bolts - I'll try this in the morning

thanks a lot

James

Reply to
jnkellar