Heated Seat Back not working, C280 Sport:

Hi Everyone:

I recently purchased a 1998 C280 Sport, with heated leather seats. (from what I have read, these are made by Recaro, and also used in the C36 and some other models).

The bottom section of the driver's seat heats correctly, but the back part does not heat up. Considering the moderate climate we live in, this isn't a big enough deal for me to want to go to the expense of paying a MB dealership to replace the seat, which in all other respects is same as new. However, it would be nice if I could fix it myself somehow.

Are there any other people who have had problems of this nature? Perhaps a tip on looking for a short somewhere in that spaghetti tangle of wires underneath the seat, a cable to replace, a way to replace the heating coil, or something similar?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Art

Reply to
Art