V70 Alarm

Just bought a 2001 V70 T5 estate as the latest in a very long line of Volvos. These have included 240, 340, 360, 740 & 940.I like the V70 a lot except for the poor turning circle but thats front wheel drive foe you. The question is can I permanently disable the interior movement sensors for the alarm system. Nearly everytime I leave the car parked it has got our dogs in it, if I forget to disable the interior movement sensors I get halfway across the supermarket car park then have to go back because the alarm has gone off. I know you can temporarily turn the interior movement sensors off with the button on the dash but can I turn them off permanently or should I get rid of the dogs?

Reply to
Len Bovingdon

Answer:- train your dogs to behave themselves when in the car. They will respect you all the more when you return to the car and give them a reward for being well behaved.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:25:44 +0000 (UTC), "Len Bovingdon" wibbled about:

The sensors are in the B Pillars at the top - just disconnect them from the loom inside the pillar. The alarm seems to work fine without them as mine did when they went wrong for a while...

Sean

Reply to
Sean Nugent

Agree about the turning circle, miserable when it comes to parking in limited space.

Visit VVSPY.com for excellent advice from Swedish Volvo emploees, one of the best sites I have ever come across, quick and easy to navigate.

Regards, Brian.

Reply to
brian