Nissan Primera Alarm Fault (motion sensing)

Hi. I have a 1997 Phase 3 ) 2.0se Primera (P11 I think) and the interior motion sensing part of the alarm keeps triggering. You can press a button to disable this part of the system temporarily but it has to be done every time the vehicle is locked.

Does anyone know where the interior motion sensors are located (so I can clean them) or which wires/fuses/relays control just this part of the circuit (so I can disable it permanently). Unfortunately the Haynes book just states "refer to Dealer" for the Phase III models!

Thank you. Steve

Reply to
SandS

I've got the same car and can confirm the Haynes omissions. I've got a U.S. G20 manual and their alarm system doesn't seem to use motion sensors so that's no help. I doubt that cleaning the sensors will do much as they are ultrasonic detectors, not switches. These work much like a loudspeaker sending out a tone and microphone picking it up but at a frequency too high for us to hear, and any movement inside the car disturbs the sound reflections and hence the level of signal picked up by the microphone half. If you could find the sensors you could just disconnect them, they may be inside the A pillar clip-on plastic, not sure. I doubt if there's a separate relay or fuse for this part of the alarm system as it's all low power electronics, it will be shared.

Reply to
SteveB

PS

There are P11 manuals for auction on Ebay UK on CDROM for a few pounds. A friend has just bought one for a 2001 Mondeo and it's the real deal (but not real if you see what I mean) and a mine of information.

Reply to
SteveB