V70 D5 S

how do you remove the day running lights. Is there a relay that can be removed as a temporary measure without affecting other lights or equipment

Reply to
peter

It depends on your car's model year and what country it was built for.

For at least some model years in the US, there is a small slot screwhead near the light switch; when rotated to a certain position it disables the daytime running lights. For places where DRLs are mandated by law, no such screw exists (but Canadian and US cars get the same manual, which is how I know of it).

Others can tell you whether there is a simple answer if your car doesn't have this screw.

Chip C Toronto

Reply to
Chip C
[peter] (22 Jul 2004 06:27:32 -0700):

On the 850 I removed the pins 5 and 8 on the switch, worked flawlessly :)

Reply to
Svein Tore Sølvik

Thanks to Chip C but I looked around the switch area and can,t see anything extra.mind you it says in the Uk Users Manual 'Go to a dealer' for this. Perhaps it has to be programmed these days. I was hoping for something less painful! Also Sveins switch mod sounds more hopeful, but more time needed here to do it !! Any other ideas anyone ??

Reply to
peter

Still Hoping !

Reply to
peter

Op 23 Jul 2004 07:40:29 -0700 schreef peter:

You have to go to the dealer, and he has to connect the car to the vadis system to turn the running day light off.

Reply to
Rudy Poelman