Volvo 245GL May 1984 32,700 original miles PLEASE READ

Here is the story

My dad wanted one because we were going to France camping every year and it was #"the ultimate tow car". My mother went mad because he didnt wait until August the 1st for it to be a B reg (as her initial is B) The registration is A499JDC. Its blue metallic and in outstanding condition. When we all grew up and decided that we didnt like the channel crossing it was put in the garage where it has stayed since July 1992 with only 32700 original miles. Due to its prolonged park it needs a few bits to get it spot on again - Battery, Master Cylinder and Exhaust.

This car has the original tyres and starts when a battery is put on it but you have to brake with the handbrake. It also has a stainless steel Towbar which is an exact copy of the Volvo one - (my dad made several visits to the dealer and managed to get the exact specs and got it made in stainless. Its the 2.1 Carburettor and it has an extremely nice clutch.

Now to the crunch - what's it worth?? and is anyone interested - its still has the "new car smell". I have offered him £5 and 20 Marlboros but he is hesitant since it cost him £9k

Thanks for taking the time to read this - its appreciated

Nick

Reply to
NeueSchuleBits.com

LOL...$7.50 and a pack of us smokes! I'll up it to 2 cartons, you pay shipping on everything! ;)

$1500 US....works out to about 2205 pounds sterling...and 40 Marlboros! ^^ OldeSchuleBits...'85 Corolla GTS....

Reply to
Vash The Stampede