v70 Gear selector lights

Hi there: Any help would be appreciated. I have a 1998 v70 with auto trans. The lights on the radio ,on the gear selector and on 1 seat heater button are out . I have checked all of the fuses and they seem fine. Has this happened to anyone and if so do you know what the problem is.

Thanks Tony Baptista

Reply to
Tony Baptista

Did they all go out at the same time?

It isn't a fuse, most likely the lamps are burnt out, very common (depending on how much night time driving you or PO did).

Reply to
Myron Samila

There are separate replaceable bulbs for the gear selector and seat heater switch. The radio has to be dismantled a little to get at its 5 tiny bulbs which are not available from Volvo. (A Volvo dealer will sell you a radio for this problem.) These bulbs are available from Radio Shack and other electronic stores, and need to be inserted into the old bulb holders.

Here is the size of bulb you need:

want 12 or 14 volt.

Reply to
Mike F