V70 repair question

I've recently come into a used 2000 V70 CX AWD Turbo and was wondering what the general consensus is about repairs. Is it smarter to go to a dealership and pay what I presume would be jacked up fees, or find a local shop that knows Volvos? I'm sure that different people will have different opinions, especially if they like a local mechanic, but I'm not sure if I'm wasting money going to a dealer if I need a repair or if a local mechanic will be just as good. any thoughts? thanks.

Reply to
Big McLargehuge

I would say it depends on the job you need having done. If its normal maintenance like brakes, oil etc. then everyone can fix it. If its more advanced problems with engine or transmission I would go to Volvo.

Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard