Volvo 240 parts

I have a 1990 Volvo 240 DL I am trying to get in to good shape for my daughter. Right now I am looking for hood hinges so the hood will close properly. I have no idea where to look for a decent deal on parts.

Any help will be appreciated.

D. Barry

Reply to
dmehb

Where are you? There's a few cheap U-pull yards around the Seattle area but that may be of no use to you.

Reply to
James Sweet

Don't forget

- look in your area in the auto parts section. Query 'Volvo'. Also, SF area Craigslist has lots of Volvos and many times people will gladly mail parts if you secure payment through something like Paypal.

VLVworld.com sometimes has parts like that at a reasonable cost as well.

Reply to
Jamie

Regarding my last post, I caught James' part about Seattle, which is why I included the San Francisco area on Craigslist. You might disregard if you are not near California. You can still ask people to mail you something from there, but I mainly included it due to geography.

Reply to
Jamie

Best place in the San Diego area is RC Auto Salvage in Chula Vista. It's not a walk-on pick-n-pull yard -- they pull the part for you -- but they specialize in only Volvos and have always have what I need for my

1990 740.
Reply to
MR

One great source I use for my 1986 240 DL parts is the Internet - ebay and google. I found great lights at lampsandlenses.com for example. Got some new instruments on ebay. Carter