Volvo 240 seatbelts.

I replaced a front passenger seatbelt in my 240 (dog ate it) with a driver seatbelt from a junkyard 240. Looks and fits the same, only thing that concerns me is the belt I replaced was marked something something something...RH, and the label on the replacement was grayed out in that spot.

Anyways, does anyone know if the seatbelt winders are right or left handed on a 240? I figured there might be some difference in the pendulums that lock the winder or such.

Thanks,

Andy

Reply to
moon161

Hi Andy when you jerk on the winder it should lock, inside the mecanism is a ball bearing which does this but one of the features is that it slides inside and some how locks the belt in the case of forward impact (when travelling) should you fit the opposite side belt in its place then this feature will not work as the ball bearing will be traveling the wrong way in an accident; although the belt may still lock just before you hit the windscreen. I am not trying to be flippant or funny with the last comment but thats just how I had it explained to me by a mechanic all the best and hope this helps Mark

Reply to
Mark

What I was afraid of then. Have to get another one.

Thanks,

Andy

Reply to
moon161

Also, be sure to avoid salvaging seat belts from cars with crash damage, since if they were being used during the crash, they may have stretched.

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee