Volvo B230FT

I have a 4 cy. Volvo B230M, bad piston, bad valves, much electrolisis on a boat... I purchased a used B230FT in great shape... Can I use my carburators / manifold / etc. on the B230FT and leave the distributor on the head where it is now? My engine has the distributor on the side of the block. Thank you Ps. I have left over turbo stuff (turbo, FI, etc.)if anybody needs them, you pay freight, otherwise free...

Reply to
circa47bill

I don't know what the M is, but the turbo engines have lower compression than the standard engines so if you run one without the turbo you're left with about 80 HP and poor fuel economy.

Reply to
James Sweet

Could the "M" designate it as a marine engine?

He did mention boat...

And boats tend to get crappy mileage anyway...

Reply to
vinran1

Yes it's a marine engine, but the same still applies, a B230FT has substantially lower compression and a different cam than the B230M, if run with a carb and no turbo the performance and economy will be terrible, much better to find a standard B230F and save the harder to find turbo engine for someone with a turbo car.

Reply to
James Sweet

As far as I can remember the only difference between the b230m and b230f is the camshaft. I believe you are right on the money.

Reply to
volvofixer