VADIS 2001 Edition F

Hi,

I've downloaded and installed VADIS 2001 Edition F. It installs without any problem, with the exception of the configurator, which during the setup gives me an error (cannot find regsvr32.exe) but apparently this should not influece a good installation. When I click the icon on the desktop, I only get a white window, titled VADIS and that's it. Since it is 2001, I have thought that the reason might have been the OS, so I tried first XP and then W2K, but I got the same result.

This edition should be "no expire", in fact, both warning and expiration days are set as 999.

Can anybody help to understand where the problem is?

Thank you Alex

Reply to
Metallo

I was thinking, is there any services on my PC that being disabled might cause the issue?

Alex

Reply to
Metallo

Hi,

Finally, I found the reason of the problem. Well, it was a very stupid one, but if you don't think about it, it can become a pain in the neck. I right clicked the VADIS shortcut on the desktop, hit the Shortcut tab, Run: it was set to "Normal Window", I changed it to "Maximized" and clicked OK.

Now it works perfectly, although I have not understood yet why it could not open if set as "Normal Window".

I hope this will help some user who might face the same issue.

Cheers

begin 666 icon7.gif M1TE&.#EA#P`/`+,``/______S/__F?__9O__,___`,S,`````,# P `````` M`````````````````````"'^:&EC;VXW+F=I9B!F;W(@=7-E(&EN(%5"0@T* M#0HH0RD@,3DY.2!0:&EL:7!P($5S

Reply to
Metallo