Volvo S60 - missing key

Hi

We purchased a Volvo S60 a few months back from a company in birmingham, UK. It's one year old.

The problem is that it only game with one key and it costs around £200 to get another. accprding to the dealer. It's the switch-blade style key with the remote lokcing, alarm etc.

From new, the car should be provided with two keys We were not told this until the day we went to actually collect the car and drive it back - they hadn't told us at any other point that there was only the one key. We've written three letters to the manager to see if they'd be willing to provide of put some or all of the cost to getting a second they but have had no response.

I was just wondering if I have any legal backing on this issue, as we were not told they car was only provided with one key or if there is any cheaper way to get a second key

Cheers in advance!

User

Thunderfish

key and remote for us.Best bet is to check Ebay and find a EXACT match to yours,I think

charge ?

Yeah, and Robert Motors in Toronto doesn't guarantee that their keys will work, so for my '87 760, the $15 Cnd key DIDN'T work, and they claimed that they told me there was a 50/50 chance the key won't work (this applies to ALL VOLVOS!! according to them). So anyhow, I freaked, and I got my $15 from a salesperson who would rather see me leave happy, but it came from his own pocket..... The goofs at the parts counter and dealer managers were jerks.

That is a shame, Volvo dealers treat their customers like crap, and they get away with it........

Price of safety?? naw....... Funny thing...... we own 3 Volvos, 3 different dealers, all had bad service after the sale, Robert Motors being the worst........

HOWEVER, we have had one great experience with a used Volvo....... 3 spare keys with Fobs/remotes, came with extra options we didn't know about, and they fixed everything that was asked for (heated seat element was bad, A/C, etc...) on a 1996 850 with low kms.... One week later, the rear main seal went and leaked a ton of oil........ well, the dealer replaced it at NO CHARGE!!!!!! (that was Unionville Volvo, great after sale service).

Reply to
Jfet

I only had one key to start with. Try Speeds in Stoke or Stafford they quoted £150 including software. Yes..it's a reprogramming job!

Reply to
Swifty