warning lights 1996 850

a new warning light has just come on,can someone help. itis the on right of the tracs off,its a orange triangle it normally switches of when you start the engine.

Reply to
joe

Rob Guenther

That's the lambda (check engine) light. You'll need to get the trouble code read with an OBD-II code reader.

Reply to
Mike F

Hi Joe,

According to my owner's manual the triangle light to the right of the Tracs Off lamp is "Fault in engine electronic system". Sorry :-))

Reply to
Barry Leslie

Try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes,reconnecting and then start the car, if it's still lit up it will either be the cat.converter or one of the Lamba sensors gone down if it goes out it might just have been a piece of muck hitting the sensor and giving a temp. false reading. Disconnecting the battery is a easy way of clearing the fault codes.My 850 2.5 20V does it every now and then. Dave

CHELSEA FOREVER

Reply to
Dave