Trouble turning the key

Having difficulty turning the key in my 3-year old S80. Sometimes the key just won't turn. I have two keys. It happens with both. The remote works fine, it's just the ignition. Anyone experienced this? Thanks.

Reply to
jv

Just a suggestion:

Is your steering in the centre? That is if the caster is trying to force the steering wheel to the center of the travel the ignition lock assembly will be jammed and not let you turn the key.

Turn the steering wheel in opposite direction to the natural force to loosen the ignition/lock and allow you to turn the key.

Gunner

Didn't notice if the wheels were straight. I'd turn the steering wheel either way a little and re-insert the key. That works. Thanks for the suggestion. Will try.

jv

This could be the ignition lock itself, it happens alot with the S80. Get this fixed, a new keyed lock will have to be ordered (and also a software download I think). If you don't get this fixed until the lock jams up completely, not only will you be stranded, drilling and hacking will have to be done to get the old one out.

Reply to
Mike F