what battery for my '92 240?

... header says it all. What should I get? the one in the car works fine but it's GOT to be time to replace the thing from the looks of it. Price is no object within reason... I'd like to keep it under $100...

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

don't know where you are, but I've seen battries that claim to be compatible with my '89 240 at SAMS for around $39, and even cheaper at WalMart for about $29... They have lists that will tell you which one to get....

m9876c at yahoo dot com

Reply to
Jon Dough

Just get the biggest CC amp rating you can shoehorn in there. Oh - maintainence-free batteries are a joke. If one or two cells go bad(usually the water/gel evaporates due to a leak), you have no way to coax the rest of the battery into staying alive.

I had an old battery in my 164E - much have been ten years old. Put out a puny 10.5 volts or so. Bit of distilled water and there you go - still worked, though not well in cold weather. (alternator worked fine, so once it was started, the car ran fine)

My current maintainence free battery? Looks like it is going dead in about 4.5 years.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander