Where is the outside air temp sensor located

I have a 2000 V70. Recently, the outside air temp has begun to read abnormally high. Not just after the car has been sitting, but also during extended highway driving. I'm wondering if the sensor might have gotten displaced and is reading from a hotter area under the hood. Where is it physically located?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Laun

I think I read it's behind the left foglight grill. Not sure though.

Karl Laun wrote:

Reply to
Jamie

I found on this forum in 98 it was under the front bumper and in 2001 was in the outside mirror.

Still looking for your year.

Jamie wrote:

Reply to
Jamie

If its a V70 classic then the sensor is clipped to the back of the left hand (from seat) fog light grille.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Mine has 2 identical sensors, the second is for the fuel injection. Interestingly, it's on the other (right) side, stuck into the plastic pan that directs air into the bottom of the rad/condenser/intercooler. Interesting because it's supposed to be measuring the temperature of engine intake air, which is over on the other side, where the dash readout sensor is!

Reply to
Mike F