windshield washer pump

I was late to add enough antifreeze to washer fluid so it got frozen this winter. In fact added some but didn't work well (because it was over diluted by remaining water in reservoir) Nowadays weather is warm enough to melt it down but washer jets still doesn't work. I've checked plastic hoses carrying water from pump to jets they were dry (also empty). Tomorrow I'll check related fuse at passenger compartment. If fuse is not the answer, what else it can be?

(2000 model year S40)

Reply to
Hakan Gemici

The motor in the pump could have gone bad.

Or, some debris could be plugging the line.

Reply to
Mr. V

The first test is to listen and see if the pump motor is running. If it isn't it's either a dead motor or blown fuse. If it runs but doesn't pump, check the lines and check valve. If they all check out, replace the pump unit.

Reply to
mjc1

I think pump isn't working, there's no sound coming from pump when activated. I'll check fuses asap. Thanks for your informative answer.

Reply to
Hakan Gemici

fuses seem ok. I'll check washer pump in a spare time. Do you know any online car parts warehouse can supply an S40 washer fluid pump? Part number: 9169611 Thanks...

Hakan Gemici yazmýþ:

Reply to
Hakan Gemici

Try autopartswarehouse.com You may have to use a universal pump, though.

Reply to
mjc1

Thanks for the link. They are listing three alternatives for my car: original pump, scan-tech branded original replacement and trico branded universal pump. Also I've found a seller on ebay selling scan-tech branded pump. Only problem is international shipping. I don't know whether autopartswarehouse shipping internationally? I'll make sure if my washer pump is really defective before placing order. I'll try to check it asap. Maybe weekend...

Reply to
Hakan Gemici

I've been told that they no longer ship internationally by autopartswarehouse customer service. :(

mjc13 yazmýþ:

Reply to
Hakan Gemici

I don't know about international shipping either, but my guess is that the abovementioned place does it. Just contact them and ask. Good luck.

Reply to
mjc1

Dang. I replied to the other post before I saw this one. See if you can get a friend in the US to buy one, then ship it to you.

Reply to
mjc1