XC 70 Wierd Throttle (NON) Response....

Greetings from Sin City... Strange thing happened yesterday. I was at a light, stopped and decided to do something that is unusual for me, and that is that I put the transmission in neutral and depressed the accelerator pedal. Nothing! Tach stayed ad idle speed, about 1150 rpm. Took my foot off the accelerator and stepped on it again, gradually all the way to the floor. The engine just stayed at idle. Thinking that "something" had just happened..."something" always happens with Volvos, I was prepared to put the trans in drive and just let engine idle pull me off to the side of the street. The light turned green, I put on the emergency flashers, put the car in Drive, stepped on the gas and was off in a flash. By the way, my XC is an '03. Driver's window was down and the A.C. was off. I've tried the same thing about ten times since and It hasn't happened again. Very weird.