Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

So we did it....We bought one..thanks all
Instead of the 1997 960 that I discussed earlier this weekend, we bought a 2001 S80 2.ASR w/105k in mileage. The car is loaded. Tinted window, premiums rims(all flat polished with the little vents on...
3
3

oil leak - 1990 volvo 740 gle 16 valve
My car is leaking oil under the engine. It is dripping from where the oil pan is and where the square pan is that has a bolt in the middle of it, which is near the oil pan. I don't think it is leaking...
9
9

FOAK: 1980 240DL tach. problem
Hoping to acquire some of the vast experience present on this newsgroup. Here's the problem: I gotta have a tachometer. Don't like to drive strictly by ear. So, I went to my local salvage yard and...
1
1

'87 760 (B230FT) Injector Test
I have a no start problem that I believe is a fuel issue. I have checked everything up to the injector rail and I need some help with diagnosis. I could hear nothing with the screwdriver to the...
10
10

85 740 transmission swap
Suppose I had an 85 non-turbo non-od 740 with a bad (automatic) transmission, and a nice transmission (automatic) from a turbo 87 740. The 87 trans is 3 and some inches longer overall than the 85. How...
4
4

1990 240 clunking/ catching when in gear
Hello, I have a 1990 240 DL wagon that I just finished doing a whole lote of work on. I started it and everything seemed fine, but when I went to back it out of the garage, I noticed a clunking noise...
7
7

95 854T Valve Train Noise on Startup
Car has 144k Km, always dealer serviced at recommended intervals, oil changed every 8000 Km or less. On cold start (even in warm weather) the valve train clatters loudly for ~ 2-3 seconds on startup....
5
5

2000 S70 heater blower noisy
To all, The blower in my S70 (2000) is noisy. How hard is it to replace and what is the procedure? Any help would be appreciated. ....Larry
1
1

Volvo 740 gle 16 valve - replace distributor cap
I have a noob question. Ok. I want to replace my distributor cap, rotor, and wires. I have been told that if you mess this stuff up you can screw up the timing. So, is this the same timing that makes...
1
1

2000 S70 Air Conditioning blower noisy
I have a 2000 S70 sedan. The blower under the dash vibrates and is noisy at certain speeds. How do you access and change the blower? I assume it is in a plenum under the dash. Does the AC need to be...

help!! need some opinions before buying
I was the guy who posted as Newbie to Volvo world a week or so ago. anyway, I have been doing a lot of research on used Volvos and I have zeroed in on the mid-to-late 90's 850's or 960's. I have been...
3
3

Gas and Oil in Coolant - Volvo 740 16v
Hello, I just got my car back from the shop. I had the head repaired, warp fixed and resurface. The head was presure tested and was found to be fine. I also had all 16 lifters replaced. In addition,...
2
2

S40 Drivers SIPS Airbag problem
The air bag light on my 2000 S40 has come on twice in the last 3 years. Both times the fault was the connector under the drivers seat for the SIPS airbag had been damaged. The dealer was able to...

1998 V70 Glovebox
My glove box cover rattles with an annoying buzz at speeds below 40mph. Pushing the door and releasing it stops the rattle for a few seconds, then the buzzing starts again. Leaving the door open...
1
1

780 AND PARTS FOR SALE
Have misc. parts left - email for specific info on what you need.