Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Rearview Mirror Replacement - 2000 S70
My rearview mirror broke in the stem of the ball joint that interfaces into the roof hanger. Dealer wants $150 - $200 to replace. Seems steep. I'm tempted to go to Napa and buy a windshied stick on...
1
1

Advice on buying an older Volvo
I'm looking to buy an older Volvo, and can't spend very much. I've always been totally in love with the 740/760 - it's totally an aesthetic thing - I don't really know very much about cars. I guess my...
27
27

240 Electrical Oddness.
Well, I got it back to the auto repair shop. I'm convinced they messed something up as my mechanic looked at it - .6 amp drain when it was shut off. Alternator fine. Battery okay. Just a big short...

Head Bolt Wrench
A friend is needing to pull his diesel head. What are the star wrenches called and is there a convenient source? Please email direct, Thanks, Wilson
2
2

Location of Spark plugs on 2000 V70 (I5 - 2.5L non turbo)
Hi all - Not a newbie on car maintenance, but newbie on maintenance of Volvos. Where on earth are the spark plugs located on my 2000 V70? Or for that matter, on my 2002 V70 T5? Are they recessed so...
2
2

catalytic converter, AMM or something else?
1998 740 turbo w/185K miles. Need a little diagnostic help. This problem came on very quickly. I can't be sure but somehow I think it is related to possibly a tank of bad gas. Then again, it may have...
7
7

CD Changer compatable with SC-700
Hi, I've just bought a 1995 850 estate which is fitted with a SC-700 radio cassette. I presume it used to have a CD changer in the rear luggage area as there is a lead with a female 8-pin DIN style...
1
1

Independant Volvo Shop in Kansas City?
Anybody know a good independant volvo shop around Kansas City, been using the dealer but would like to find another option. reply to email or group thanks aloha GaryK
2
2

ABS & Tracs Off Warning Lights
I've got a '96 850 GLT Wagon and the ABS and Trac's Off warning lights are coming on occasionally, usually together, sometimes not. Anybody with ideas what's going on? reply to email or group thanks...
3
3

Semi Starting Trouble
Our 1994 Turbo wagon sometimes has trouble starting. What I notice the problem to be is the shift lever (automatic) or shift cable. Sometimes if I rock the car back and forth it seems to 'lock' in...
1
1

Great1993 940 turbo wagon for sale
1993 automatic with overdrive 940 Turbowagon green with tan interior all great shape new tires premiumalloy wheels rear cover sunroof all power 118,000 miles new brakestiming belt done a year ago have...

doing a/c for 81 240, r134a/official kit/auxilary fan/new compressor/alternative refrigerants, req advice!
System was of course as usual not that good, and leaky. 1. Compressor has seized up. I'm going to get a reman or junkyard one, Old piston york. Cheaper/better replacements? I've seen a physical...
3
3

240s and AC/freon
Thank you for all your replies regarding my 240 hunt! I have found a few finds, mostly all have no working AC, and I am wondering about the possibility of recharging the existing R-12 (think that's...
5
5

Volvo V70 XC 2001 (USA)
I have been asked to contribute about 800.00 to my local Volvo dealers bottom line and have the brake booster on a Volvo XC replaced. We get a hissing noise when taking your foot off the brake. There...
1
1

Problem with A/C in V70 2001 Wagon
The dual A/C controls are off 20 degrees or more between drivers and passenger side. Dealer has not been able to correct it. Any help will be appreciated. mark