03 Passat seat makes popping noises

My new 2003 Passat GLS has only 6000 miles on it, and I am having a problem with the driver's seat. The seat making popping noises when sat upon. It seems that one of the springs inside the cushion does not retract correctly, gets stuck on something, and finally when more force (my butt) is applied on it, it finally retracts making a popping sound.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem with the Passat seats?

The seats I have are leather and heated. Is there any dangers that the misbehaving spring can damage either the heating component or the leather surface?

Reply to
Paul

Rob Guenther