1.8L Digifant ?s

Hey Everyone,

Was thinking about taking on a new project and rebuilding a Digifant engine from scratch. Basically, it would be a spare for my Jetta. The question is this: If I get a 1.8L Digi engine from a wrecked Jetta that had a 5-Speed, would it bolt right up to the 3-speed auto in my Jetta, or would other changes be needed?

Thanks,

Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Just did it Pete, I bought a 92 GTI engine that was bolted to a 5 speed and put it in my 88 auto. The only think you have to keep is the tin plate between the tranny and the engine otherwise the engine's are identical. PS: my old engine needs rebuilding, it only has 128Km's on it if you are interested in it, probably needs rings and valve seals, i'm in Ottawa. Email me at bradATkingpin.ca.

Doesn't come with exhaust manifold, fuel raid or water necks. Basically it's a long block without accessories.

Reply to
Mustangbrad