1992 Transporter Core Plug Water Leak?

I have a VW Transporter (1992) with the 1968cc petrol engine.

It has a water leak from what I believe is one of the core plugs, the only problem is that I can't get a good look at it without removing the engine, as the leak is from the back below the manifold. For some reason there is no Haynes or similar manual that I can look at , so if anyone has any engine diagrams or other useful info that would be great.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it fairly easy to sort out if it is the core plug?

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Poseidon

If this is the 3rd generation (U.S. Vanagon), there is a Haynes manual. I bought one from busdepot.com, and it is a manual published in Britain. The Bentley manual covers the U.S. Vanagons.

Reply to
Ed

Thanks Ed,

Unfortunately its a Type 4 (engine in the front) haynes don't do a manual for it, I'll have to keep looking

Cheers

Reply to
Poseidon

T4. Type 4 are the old 411/412 cars (rear engine, air cooled).

Reply to
Matt B.

To be more precise, the 1991-2003 Transporter is the Typ 2 T4.

Typ 1 = Beetle Typ 2 = Transporter Typ 3 = VW 1500/1600 Fastback, Notchback, Squareback Typ 4 = 411, 412

Typ 2 T1 = "Split" Typ 2 T2 = "Bay window" Typ 2 T3 = Wedge (often called Type 25 or T25 in UK, Vanagon in USA) Typ 2 T4 = front engined version 1991-2003 Typ 2 T5 = latest front engined version 2004 -

Reply to
TP

Actually the T4, first available as a 93 in the US, uses a water cooled front engine 5 cylinder and is more like a Audi.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Do try reading my post before replying!