1993 Jetta III stalling

Recently purchased a 93 Jetta III from a friend. She has been having trouble with it stalling and not being able to restart it. I drove it

200 miles with no troubles, then on a short trip it stalled yesterday. A quick stab at the throttle *sometimes* seems to have the engine stumbling. When it stalled on me that was the case. It did fire right back up for me though.

I am thinking TPS is on its way out. The testing procedures for the TPS in Bentley say to use the values in Table 4, but I can't find Table4! D'OH!

Everything, expcet for plug wires has been replaced in the last 15k miles. I also get a IN O2, which is replace the o2 sensor, but it was replaced in the last 15k by a local shop. Could it be dieing already? I can't say for certain that they reset the display, but I would assume they did.

93 Jetta III 2.0l 5 speed

Thanks, Rod

Reply to
cervelorod

There are several tipical problems with that era Golfs and Jetta stalling. I have had a lot of them :)

Two are the most likely: a bad relay (fuel pump relay of ECU relay) and a bad MAF.

Reply to
Eduardo K.