95 Jetta GL

Hi

I have a question my sister has a 95 Jetta GL A3 with a stock radio/cassette player she recently had to replace the fuse in it and now on the display it is showing the word "SAFE" does anyone know the code to unlock the radio. Thanks Mike

Reply to
mike

Randolph

...which means you'll have to remove the radio to get the code off of it. If you're the original owner you might still have the separate manual for the radio. The code is written in there as well. There are sometimes stickers under the carpet in the trunk that will have it written down.

Pulling the radio is easy enough. I made tools to do it by unfolding a couple of those little metal picture hangers. They were just the right size and stiffness. But if you pull the radio and take it to the dealer to ask for the code, be sure to bring proof of ownership or the car with you. The radios are coded to prevent or discourage theft, after all.

Good luck - Chris

Reply to
starburst

I used small set of allen wrenches... Works most excellent. It was that or pry the damn thing out with a crowbar- :)

XXninjatooXX - Man, every time I Farfegnugen it costs me a couple hundred bucks... Can't help but love my VeeDubs:

1995 Jetta III GL 2.0L 5sp, White, modified suspension and chipped. 1995 Jetta III GLS 2.0L 5sp, Black, Rebuild with modified GTI front-end.
Reply to
XXninjatooXX