1994 VW Golf poor morning start

I have a VW golf, that won't start up when the car is cold. i have changed the glow plugs but this has not made any difference. The car turns over but does not fire up, if i do this 3-4 times for about 10 seconds each time, it eventually starts. The relay is working as i can hear it clicking.

When the car has started for the first time, it is fine if I turn it off, then on again, but when the car gets cold, the problem starts again.

I would appreciate any comments, thanks.

Reply to
Shabs

are you sure the glow plugs are getting power?

There might be a large fuse for them located in the engine compartment. later, dave

Reply to
Dave