Aircon condensation dripping in car

Hi

I have a 95 Jetta. I found that there is water dripping on the left front footrest area (right hand drive). It only happens when I am using the aircon so I suspect it is from the condensation. I believe there is some drain pipe that might be blocked. Does anybody know how I can access this drain pipe to clean/replace it? Is it something I can do myself or should I take the car to a dealer?.

Thanks

Hennie

Reply to
Piet Snot

Hi

I have a 95 Jetta. I found that there is water dripping on the left front footrest area (right hand drive). It only happens when I am using the aircon so I suspect it is from the condensation. I believe there is some drain pipe that might be blocked. Does anybody know how I can access this drain pipe to clean/replace it? Is it something I can do myself or should I take the car to a dealer?.

Thanks

Hennie

Reply to
Piet Snot

In short the answer is yes. I don't know the Jetta, but on most cars there is a drain hose on the passenger side under the car. It is usually rubber and can be seen just in front of where your feet rest. The preferred method of clearing a blockage is to use compressed air to blow it out. Some people use a wire, but you risk damaging the drain or worse the evaporator unit.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Here's how I cleared the plugged drain in my '81/A1:

Roger Brown

I assume that this is an A3... friend of mine's wife has an A3 Cabrio that had the same problem... all I did to fix it was pop the hood, the drain is behind the engine on the pass side, there's a big rubber flapper on the lower part of the firewall like a toilet valve, I just pulled that up and let the muck come out followed by some water that was sitting in the airbox, problem soved.

good luck

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel