1995 VW Jetta III GL

Hello!

My daugher has a 1996 VW Jetta III GL with the dreaded automatic transmission. It was rebuilt by a reputable transmission shop in the Pittsbugh area.

Recently, she's been having an increased problem with the transmission hunting for gears. She said is seems to happen only when the transmision is warm. When she first starts driving all seems to be good.but shifts harder and more random as the transmission heats up.

Before I had it rebuilt I shipped the valve body out for testing - which came back OK - and had the transmission cooler replaced since it appearted to be a temp. related issue.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what to look for next?

Thanks!

Jeff

Reply to
tombstone

Try synthetic, high-grade transmission fluid. It might be breaking down and/or getting thin as the car warms up.

Reply to
Ears

any engine or trans faults? BTW, I'm in the PGH area... who did the trans?

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

There is a random check engine light that has been popping up for ever. We had the codes pulled a while ago and there was nothing. Lucilles did the rebuild. They've been fantastic in trying to continue to troubleshoot. My daughter's boyfriend had his rebuilt at a different location and it was doing the same thing.

Reply to
tombstone