1997-2000 Cabrio Questions

Hi,

Think I'm in the right group... I'm shopping for a VW Cabrio and have found a few pretty good deals. Something I've not been about to figure out though, on vehicles without power windows (which is what I'm starting to figure out must be difficult to sell since the few I'm seriously considering because of the price), how to do the rear windows operate? I don't see cranks... are they fixed? Surprisingly, I'm not finding much in-depth Cabrio information on the net.

Thanks in Advance,

--S. John

e-mail to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com or post here... the reply-to address on my posts is useless due to 200+ spams a day :-)

Reply to
S John M-M

The rear windows have cranks.

I have a 2001 Cabrio GL with crank windows. I don't think VW makes many with this configuration, and I don't think there is much demand for them. I actually like this configuration, and was thrilled when I found a 2001 left over in the spring of 2002. I plan to have this car forever, and will never have to worry about fixing power windows.

Reply to
Josphine

What color's your's?

I think I finally found photographic evidence thereof... the cranks are situated so they're somewhat obscured by the seat belt when it's in the not-fastened position, right?

I've wanted one of these cars since I was 16 (well, back then it was the Cabriolet, LOL). Now, finally, after all these years, it's happening. :-)

S. John

Reply to
S John M-M

Baby2 is blue. Original baby is also blue, an'86 Cabriolet. Loved that car, still do. My boyfriend bought it off me.

It's cute when you see them parked next to each other. My sister also has one, '02 Cabrio GLX. You guessed it, blue too.

Reply to
Josphine