1998 Jetta GT thermostat.

Hi all, does anyone have an idea as to how much I expect to spend to replace a bad thermostat in this car, 2.0L I-4? Thank you all.

Reply to
Regal953

Autozone says 11.99 for an OEM 192F thermostat. Thermostat O-ring. 1.59.

Dave

Reply to
Dioclese

Don't forget about that special G12+ VW Coolant needed! If it was a later model I might say that it could be a bad/broken water pump depending on the symptoms.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Thanks, i meant parts and $labor..

Reply to
Regal953

Well from the dealer here in Chicago this might be your cost. Parts possibly $85 (thermostat, O-ring, coolant) Labor possibly $180 (1.5 hours @ $120 per hour) Total $265

If you do it then you might spend $50 on parts.

Another shop might charge you $140 total parts and labor.

These are just guesses >> Don't forget about that special G12+ VW Coolant needed!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Drive over to, or call your favorite mechanic. Tell him/her what you want. Ask both questions, thermostat/o-ring/coolant, then, aforementioned to include a new water pump. Get at least 2 more estimates from other locations in your area. Dave

Reply to
Dioclese

Thanks again my friends...

Reply to