1999 Jetta vr6 GLS coil pack

Hi I just bought one of these Jettas and have been hearing bad things about broken coil packs failing when wet, can anybody tell me where it is on the car? If its cracked I think I can probably fill it with epoxy or something. Thanks all.

Reply to
panxerox

As long as it's not too bad, that's a 'fix' that's been around awhile. Just dry it thoroughly first.

Mark '95 Jetta GLS

Reply to
Mark Randol

That's the least of your worries.

Wait till the plastic impeller on the water pump fails and your engine self destructs.

Reply to
Quento

especially since the VR6 doesn't use the same wp as the 2l engine. WP's on the VR6 seldom go bad. Quento... you should research you info before posting.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck