2000 VW Passat Problems

Any idea what is wrong with my car:

Check engine light is on. Very low idle when first start the car. Brakes don't work well when I put car in reverse (when first started) Bad hesitations Sulfur-y smell When I really try to give it gas, feels like it skips a gear...

Tim S.

Reply to
sultimo

vacuum leak! check the hoses on the engine.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

the VW place said that my secondary air pump was shot

Reply to
sultimo

if it's a 1.8T engine then you better replace the combi valve too. What happens is the combi valve sticks open and water from the combustion process forces water back into the my secondary air pump motor. NOT GOOD as if you only do the pump motor it will go bad again.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck