2001.5 strange transmission action

I was driving for 2 1/2 hours at 70 mph last Friday and slowed to take an exit ramp. When the car hit 60 mph the transmission downshifted to

4th gear. I was coasting at the time. The transmission would not shift 5th. I put the tiptronic in manual mode and it would then shift to 5th. Something similar happened when I got off the exit and stopped. When I started out it would not shift to 4th gear.

Since then, everything is working fine. I just purchased the car from an individual. It has 30k miles and has an extended warranty that would run to 36k if I transfer it at a cost of $150. I drive 40k+ miles per year, so this is about 2 months worth of driving.

This is a GLX model.

Any thoughts? Should I transfer the warranty and get it checked out?

thanks

Reply to
CaptVideo

You still have a VW factory warranty for 5yr/50,000 miles from original sale date. Suggest get it scanned for fault codes.

Reply to
Woodchuck