P0300

Hello guys, Check engine light is on with code P0300? Any idea what is the problem. Thanks

Reply to
Rollers Loft+

Ignition Misfire fault.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Thanks Woodchuck, what needs to be replaced to fix this problem?

Reply to
Rollers Loft+

Depends on what caused it. It's just saying it detected a misfire.

Reply to
Matt B.

cap, rotor, plugs, wires, coil, etc. Would help to know what kind of car you got!

Reply to
Woodchuck

I have 99 VW Jetta Wolfsburg edition 2.0L(old body style). The tune up was done at 60,000 miles(Spark plugs, plugs wire, cap and rotor was replace) and car now has about 75,000 miles. There is a starting problem once every two weeks and when that happens the idle is rought but get to normal after I gas the car for couple of times...

Thank you

Reply to
Rollers Loft+

Coil.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Thank you very much

Reply to
Rollers Loft+

One thing I forgot to ask, is it really difficult to change on 99 VW. I bought it online and wondering I can change it myself. Please advise.

Reply to
Rollers Loft+

Number 30 Torx & 10mm wrench.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Thanks Woodchuck, Just wonder if I need to remove top grill please see the pics http://68.36.235.247/3.jpg copy&paste. I do not see any otherway access back of the screws holding ignition coil.

Reply to
Rollers Loft+

Just pull the rubber seal off and then slide something like a small 2x4 to hold the plastic cover up enough to get your hands in.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Hello guys, I am able to changed ignition coil successfully. Now one porblem check engine light is there. I have drove some 60 + miles but it is not going away. I also had p0440 code which was caused by lose fuel cap. Now I am just wondering if there is an easy way to reset the cars computer and see if the light come back on...Thanks again

Reply to
Rollers Loft+

it took a good 100 miles to reset my loose fuel cap code. keep driving.

Reply to
Matt B.