MIL on 2000 Jetta 1.9 - UPDATE

On Woodchuck's and LC's advise, I went to Advance Auto to get a scan. One code came up which was "P0380 - Glow plug/heater circuit A malfunction". The guy cleared the code and I left. The light hasn't come back on since.

It originally came on about 1 month ago. It has been a cool summer here in PA, but I don't think ever cold enough for the glow plugs to activate. If so, might MIL come back when its cold enough for glow plugs or does the code mean something else?

Thanks for the help and have a nice day.

Reply to
Joe B

It will come back on. The glow plugs aren't activated until the coolant temperature is under 50*F. You need to check the amp draw on each glow plug which should be around 11-12amps and if it's OK then you need to replace the harness going to the plugs. Personally I'm betting on the harness.

Reply to
Woodchuck