2003 jetta

I have a 2003 jetta, the chassis has started squeaking bad when i go over bumps and it bounces. But, when it's wet out it stops?

Reply to
ascssmith
90% of the time it's the front swaybar bushings
Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

I have the same problem with the rear of my 2003 Jetta. It started after the car was up on the lift for tires. I suspect the rear shock or suspension bushings are the cause. One of these days I will spray them with silicon oil spray.

Any other ideas?

Reply to
Stefani Bowers

The front suspension bushing squeak is well known. The dealer may not really "fix" it if you take it in. My dealer squirted some liquid grease on the bushings. They are squeaking again but not too often to be annoying.

Reply to
Jim Behning

Yep, the bushings. Had those replaced on my 2003 Jetta while it was still under warranty for the exact same issue (it sounded like a 20-year-old car when going over bumps; the sound was mostly noticeable at low speeds). The car now has over 72,000 miles on it and no recurrences.

-Corey

Reply to
Corey