2005 Golf steering noise

Hi, I have a 2005 GTI that is making a nasty creaking sound when steering at low speeds. My dealer can't figure out what the problem is. Any ideas? Thanks!

Reply to
tahliant

I don't know if it is the same, but we had a Dodge Caravan (2001) and the power steering hose vibrated like mad when under a load. Chrysler was aware and wanted too much to replace the hose, so we learned to ignore it.

Cecil

Reply to
Detailing Dude

Not the same, VW now uses electronic steering. No more power steering pumps & hoses!

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck