84 rabbit running prob.

My 84 rabbit is running rough. Here's the details:

Idles rough, sounds like it's going to die, then kicks back and never dies.

Runs rough (sputters) in each gear until you give it some gas, then it clears right up and zoom.

I've replaced the cap, rotor, plugs, and wires.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Ears

running rich running lean (badly leaking fuel injector seals) incorrect ignition timing incorrect camshaft timing

Did you try adjusting the CO with a dwell meter? How is that air filter? What did the old spark plug electrodes look like? Check the throttle plates to make sure they are not binding.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I would make new fuel and air filters next as well as anything else on the maintenance list that may not have been done recently. You can't loose on these things as they need to be done anyway.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan