'87 Scirocco 16V struts

Can anyone suggest a place to purchase the struts, not just the cartridges, for a 1987 16V Scirocco?
The strut itself is actually broken.
My garage is coming up empty. Every place he looks either has only the cartridges or, despite claiming to have struts in stock, it turns out they really don't. If they have to be performance ones, so be it, but I'm hoping to not pay a fortune for them.
- Bill

http://www.partsplaceinc.com/
This is THE place for any VW part. Any model, any year. Been doing business with them for over 30 years.
"SnoBrdr" wrote in message wrote:

But not this part, for this model and this year. :)
Seriously, it LOOKS like they have the part:
http://www.partsplaceinc.com/products/product-detail.aspx?keyword=VW+Rabbit+Complete+Strut+Assembly+171-412-30&s48&&sku 085
But it looks like the date range for the Scirocco, 77-88, may be a typo. The title list shows 77-88, but the detail list shows 75-84. The same range as all the other Scirocco struts.
And a bit expensive. But I've asked. We'll see.
I have parts car (another '87), and it's got the front struts still in it. I think I'm going to have to use them.
- Bill

Here is another good place for german car parts. Give a look. http://www.germanautoparts.com/
wrote in message

Seem to be there. Interesting that these seems to have the same date range as the other site.
Hmmm.
Thanks, both of you, SnoBrdr and samstone.
- Bill