'87 Scirocco parts

I wrote here a few weeks back that my son had run my '87 Scirocco 16V over a truck brake drum on the highway.

Mashed the hell out of the oil pan. They've taken that down and, amazingly, there is no visible damage to the crank shaft. And my son reported that it was running fine afterwards. He even shut it down and started it again, shutting down and calling for a tow truck only because he got an oil warning light.

So, we're going to fix it. But I'm having trouble finding parts.

The mechanic says I need: Oil pickup screen and baffle Entire sway bar assembly, including the bar itself, and ALL mounting hardware.

Apparently when the sway bar was ripped off, it took all the fitting with it, and sheared off all the bolts doing so.

I've been visiting parts sites, but am having trouble finding the original versions of these things. I find enhanced sway bars and the oil parts only attached to a new pump and so forth.

Perhaps I'm just looking at the wrong sites.

Anyone got any suggestions? I need to get this one running so I can put my other one in the shop for body work. Someone backed a pickup truck into it.

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leary

You might just have to buy a new oil pump, that wouldn't be all bad.

As for the sway bar, why don't you see if you can find someone who's upgrading and offer to buy their old bar off of them?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I am in agreement with Nate. I thought that you would need another oil pump. Buy a new oil pump, baffle/windage-tray may come with it and find a used sway bar.

Dealer should sell some of the small items!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1