88 Fox stiff clutch

Greetings,

I just got an 88 Fox, and it has a real stiff clutch. I have checked the gear oil in the trans, and that's fine. I'm thinking that it's the clutch cable routing. anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Gary - snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

--

Reply to
none

Possibly you need to lube or replace your clutch cable. If that doesn't work I have a method/trick that works well for me but everyone I tell it to thinks that I have lost my mind! 8^) Of course my 83 Audi 4000S probably has the same pressure plate it came with new. I did replace the clutch disc (with a used one) and release bearing (new one) in 1991 at over 145K miles ago when I installed my GTi engine. Audi has about 225K miles on it now.

dave