90 Jetta Turn Signals, cont.

Tried to post back but didn't go through, sorry. Yes I have no 4 ways or turn signals. The 4 way switch is new. Seems as if I am getting no power at the relay to make it work. Any body know the path that the ground takes out of the fuse/relay block? By the way the running lights work so with only one ground per light unit it would seem to me that the grounds are fine going back to the fuse/relay block. New relay and fuse too. Thanks..

Randy

Reply to
notme

Darryl

No, not exactly, running lights are much lower in wattage, if ground is missing they could get ground trough the (unlit of course) filament of the two turn signal bulbs on the same side. Did you try to jumper contact 49 to 49a at the relay socket - this should give you permanent lit turn signals (if you switch them on) - contact numbers should be on the bottom of the relay. Check if there is ground on contact 31 at the relay socket - use a test light, no diode-light, no dmm.

Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Braune