'90 Vanagon: Where is the computer located?

Hello to all:

I have a 1990 Vanagon with idle problems. Sometimes perfectly stable at

1000rpm but mostly seems to just about stall out and often does... especially when humid or damp. Running on the road it is fine. Perfectly smooth but now it has also started to backfire when I lift off on the gas.

First off, where is the "computer" located in this vehicle? I'd like to check the electrical connections.

Also, I've been advised to check the "idle switch" but I have no idea where that is, either. Can anyone help with it's location?

Thanks!

Reply to
scooterspal

under rear seat left side.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Under the rear seat.

Underneath of the throttle housing. If you move the throttle lever slightly you can hear it click.

Reply to
Madesio

Had the VW dealer take a look at it. They found a vacuum hose detached and something to do with the CO(?) adjustment needed attending to.

Thanks for the help, though!

Reply to
scooterspal